As we had discussed some pre-yoga snack ideas, now it is time to discuss the equally important like pre-yoga snack, are your post-yoga snacks (fuel).
It is recommended that protein intake within 30 minutes after finishing your workout, will support muscle repair- let us find out what actually it means.
Normally, having a meal which is full of fats, carbohydrates, proteins, and nutrients within an hour or just after is the best for most of the people. Let us find out 5 various post-yoga meals and different circumstances, as if you are doing it early morning then you should eat a different meal from the one you will have if you are doing it at 9 pm class. Check out the given options, and you can go for one of among those:
- An Early Morning Class: If you are about to do Yoga between 4-8 am, then probably you are doing it with the almost empty stomach. Once a class finishes, it is recommended that you must drink ½ lit of water to re-hydrate yourself. Then go for some fats, proteins and carbohydrates. And it can be like:
- You can have sprouted toast and veggies or some scrambled tempeh
- Stir-fried greens, some bananas with some almonds.
- A bowl full of oatmeal or quinoa cooked in almond milk and some berries and walnuts on the top.
- A smoothie prepared with greens, fruits, and hemp seeds.
- This balanced diet is the healthiest start of your day.
You are in need to have something to make you full, so it should be something balanced and complete and is able to give you what is needed for lunch or just a mid-morning snack.
- Lunch-Time Class: If you are doing it in lunch hour class, then you must have to have something lighter just to get through your Yoga class (piece of fruit) and then you can have a balanced lunch afterward. Some ideas are given below:
- You can have Hummus with veggies or sprouted grain crackers.
- Cooked grains or beans in a big green salad with a slice of avocado
- Black beans with a sprouted Grain wrap, guacamole, and salsa.
* There are some healthy ready to eat frozen food which you can easily digest.
You must have something as filler yet balanced with some fats, proteins, and carbohydrates.
- Mid-Afternoon Class: If you are going to attend a mid-afternoon class, then you must be still in your lunch digestion process, so you must not eat anything more after a class, but only a light snack till your dinner time. Some ideas are:
- A Handful of almonds with an Apple.
- Hummus with sprouted veggies or crackers
- A bag of trail mix with some nuts, fruits, and seeds.
- A gluten-free or sprouted bread slice with jam and nut butter
You must keep it lighter to leave some space for dinner.
- Early Evening Class: To attend this class means to save your dinner after a class. After having some lighter snacks before class, here are some ideas for dinner time for helping your body to refuel after practice, so your sleep won’t be ruined with a lot of digesting.
- A plate full of steamed veggies and avocado.
- A bowl of rice with nut or tahini sauce and various veggies.
- A soup full of beans/lentils, Barley or quinoa, and veggies.
- A salad can be made with raw salsa, guacamole, and refried beans.
- Late Night Class: You must already have a dinner if you are going to attend late night class. Anything post the class must be lighter so that while going to sleep, you must not feel a bigger meal for digesting, but not waking up hungry as well.
- An apple or coconut water
- Miso soup.
- Almond butter and a banana
- Sprouted grains and Guacamole or just a gluten-free bread slice.
What is your wish to have in a meal after practice? Have you become familiar with it, or you still have trouble in managing their post-practice nutrition.…